Whether you finally started to believe that looks are important or maybe you have always known that but never really cared, this article is yours. Some of us are complete beginners or helpless when it comes to using makeup, but that need not be.
While beauty is in the eyes of the beholder, everyone wants to look beautiful. But what happens when you want to enhance it but do not know where to start? I have highlighted these timeless beginner beauty tips that will help start your journey. In this article, you will learn basic makeup tips for a complete beginner:
You will learn:
- Beauty Confidence
- Simple Makeup Essentials for Beginners
- Caring for Your Skin
- Simple Makeup Routine
- Eyes and Lips Makeup
- Eating for Beauty
- Believe that YOU are Beautiful
The first step to beauty is to believe that you are beautiful. Believe that you do possess that which you seek; beauty. Everyone is beautiful. This may seem obvious, but many of us struggle to see the beauty in themselves.
Yet, this is an essential step if you want to be, feel, and look beautiful. Think of your unique features, appreciate them, and think of how you wanna show them. Beauty confidence begins when you believe that you are beautiful…soak in the joy and feeling of being beautiful.
Simple Makeup Essentials for Beginners
So now that we have agreed that YOU are beautiful, and we want to accentuate that beauty, where do we start? In a beauty store, you will be confronted by a myriad of beauty products. This can be overwhelming for a beginner. The following are simple beginner-friendly makeup essentials you would need to achieve that flawless look.
- Neutral eyeshadow
- Lip gloss
- Makeup brushes
When choosing the right makeup to buy, always keep in mind cheap is expensive, go for quality rated products, your skin will thank you.
Caring for Your Skin
Now that you have identified the basic makeup items, you need to take care of your skin. You need just a few items to care for your skin. Different people have different skin types, so it is important to identify your skin type first before purchasing any beauty products. The following skincare items, however, are advisable if you plan on using makeup.
The cleanser helps deep clean your face, followed by the toner, which helps nourish and replenish your skin and create a flawless look. The moisturizer helps keep the skin hydrated. That and drinking tons of water daily will change your skin life!
Simple and Easy Make-Up Routine
Now that you have all the products that you need to do a simple makeup routine, here are a few steps to take.
- Start by washing your face and cleanse it to make sure no dirt is left. Part it with a clean towel or cloth, then give it two minutes to dry fully.
- Follow it up with a toner, then moisturizer and let it sit for five minutes or more before putting on the primer.
- After five minutes, put on the primer. The primer helps the makeup to last longer and sit well.
- Foundation comes next. You do this with your fingers (wash and dry them first). Also, you can use a brush or a sponge depending on how much coverage you need. It is important to choose a color that matches your skin tone for an even look.
- Follow it up with a concealer if necessary. I say if necessary, because not everyone will need a concealer. But for those of us who do, a concealer helps to cover up blemishes from acne, large pores, dark circles, and age spots. The concealer should be a shade lighter than the foundation. Again, you can blend this with your fingers (wash them first). Put the concealer on the parts you wish to cover up. Then blend with your fingers until it’s even. You can also use a Beautyblender or concealer brush.
- The last step is setting your make up, which can be achieved with the setting powder. Setting powder is the basic setting method, but you can also use a setting spray. It helps your makeup sit for more extended periods without getting smudged.
These are just basic makeup tips for a complete beginner, and as you become more confident in your beauty and makeup skills, you can experiment with advanced makeup styles.
Eyes and Lips Makeup
Everyone wants bright and sexy eyes, and we cannot forget that eyes are windows to the sore, so we learn how to care for them.
The skin near your eyes and lips is a bit more sensitive than the rest of the skin on your face. With that said, when it comes to your eyes, take extra care not to be rough on those sections when washing your face. And don’t forget to moisturize them.
When it comes to eye makeup, just apply your mascara to illuminate them and make them pop! In a good way, obviously.
Also, you can choose to line your eyes, and if so, just follow the outer line of your eyelids. Find your angle and work with it.
Who doesn’t want healthy, soft, kissable lips? Your lips require some prepping, start by gently exfoliating them by gently scrubbing with your finger or toothbrush. Please make sure that you are gentle with it because the skin there is extra sensitive.
For the scrubbing mixture, use organic coconut oil with sugar. You can also use olive oil and sugar. Before scrubbing, start by applying Vaseline to moisturize then gently scrub with the coconut oil and sugar mix. They’ll feel smooth and perky, put some lip gloss on them, and admire how gorgeous they look and feel.
Eating for Beauty
To emphasize the first point, true beauty starts from within. Eat well to feel well and beautiful. It’s hard to feel beautiful when constipated, …which is why eating well is important.
Stay hydrated by drinking a lot of water throughout the day, helping you to eliminate toxins from your body, resulting in your skin glowing and helping fight acne. Fruits and vegetable consumption is advised, think Oranges for vitamin C as an example.
You are what you eat, avoid fatty foods, and processed sugars as they cause skin breakouts in some cases, instead replace the processed fat with healthy fats like Omega 3.
Water is vital here, consume plenty. Just stick to what your body needs, too much of anything can be bad for you. Make sunscreen your best friend, you will need to look out for your skin on the outside and too much exposure to sunlight causes skin aging and wrinkles to appear sooner than you would like.
Makeup is fun. Once you learn the basics, it is up to you to explore more options. In this case, practice makes perfect.